by Tonya Woodridge-Jarvis
I was once told that writing is not my bread and butter — it’s my hobby. I was also told that singing isn’t my strong suite. So, as I was compiling my latest project, I began to second-guess myself. I remember questioning myself saying, “I know that I sing in the choir, but am I good enough to record alone? I’ve written for magazines locally, but am I good enough to write globally?” I began praying about it and God said, “No you are not good enough to do it by yourself, but if you extend your hand into mine, we can get it done and reach the masses.”
While getting to this point hasn’t been easy, I thank him now and in advance for where he is taking me next. I’ve had people refuse to help me because they thought I wasn’t good enough. Surely, I’m no Tasha Cobbs, but I am “The Refresher.” Ultimately all I want to be is the person that God wrote in his will for me to be, and I don’t need permission to be or to become that person. Sometimes in life we look for validation and approval from our peers, but if you are doing a project for God, he’ll send the people that really need it to you — he’s just that type of God.
Am I helping someone today? Have you received negative feedback about pursuing your dreams? I am here to testify about the God I serve who makes dreams come true according to his will for your life. I promise the plans that he has are for to prosper if you are lining up with his word.
People who are generally negative are discouraging factors sent by the enemy to get you off task — recognize it, seek encouragement and move on. If the enemy begins to discourage you about your dream it’s because he has peeked inside your future and has seen what God really has in store for you, and he doesn’t want you to have it. The people in your circle should be on board with your vison, and if they’re not, they need to be removed or handled/loved from a distance. Praise God in advance for what he is getting ready to do!
It may be writing a book, starting a new business or going back to school. Listen, God will never give you a dream without plans to make it come true. You are a masterpiece of the most-high God, but you’ve got to realize that about yourself. The promise of God is on the inside of each of us. Extend your hands into his and make a declaration to live. Here are some of the things I declare over my life and my family’s lives daily:
- Lord, you said that you would make my name great.
- Lord, you said that I would be blessed and not cursed.
- Lord, you said that I would have favor.
- Lord, you said that if I honor you – you would honor me.
- Lord, you said that you would make me the head and not the tail.
- Lord, you said that I was fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Lord, you said that you would give back everything that the enemy took from me.
- Lord, you said that a man’s gift makes room for him and brings him before great men.
- Lord, you said that I would have peace and prosperity within these walls.
- Lord, you said that if I take time to refresh others, I will be refreshed.
- Lord, you said that you will provide a hedge of protection around me.